Another great music player on terminal for Linux! Here comes moc (music on command), an easy to use terminal program to choose and play your music.
sudo apt-get install moc moc-ffmpeg-plugin
- Use ‘mocp‘ command in terminal to launch moc.
- Enter ‘h‘ top display the full keyboard shortcuts display, you’ll find everything you need.
- Left panel is the files explorer / Right is the playlist, switch using Tab
- ‘a‘ add folder to the playlist / ‘d‘ delete the track from the playlist
- Color themes are available through ‘T‘
You may want to create a launcher embedding your music folder and favourite theme. Create a new panel or icon launcher as follow:
xfce4-terminal -x mocp -m /home/user/Music -T transparent-background